Munster Bovine are currently recruiting for a Technical Manager. This role will report to the CEO and be part of the Senior Leadership team. The roles involves managing the overall technical support requirements of the business including all strategic, operational, marketing and customer relationship technical aspects.
· Delivery of programmes for herd owners based on research evidence, technical expertise, and international best practice.
· Collaboration and engagement with our shareholders, the dairy cooperatives Teagasc, Veterinary Practitioners ensuring programmes are aligned with National Strategies.
· Review and continuous improvement of dairy & beef programmes, seeking better ways to add value to the herd owner.
· Delivery of the AI technician training Programme, monitoring Conception Rate.
· Working closely with service delivery teams ensuring technical excellence throughout the business.
· Responsible for the training programmes for farmer-facing teams focused on driving the business through better and more consistent customer interaction.
· Working with the IT product Manager with the development of improvements and new FarmOps modules.
· Oversee Autumn Meetings, ensuring adequate veterinary practitioners trained and deliver advice in line with the Company guidance and values.
· On Farm Technical Support.
· Participating in various industry working groups.
· Working with the dairy and beef programmes to ensure semen from the most appropriate genetics is sourced.
· Working with herd management team to ensure quality and standards are maintained.
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Degree in Veterinary Medicine and registered with the Veterinary Council of Ireland.
- Completed the Post Graduate Certificate in Dairy Herd Health or an Agricultural degree BAgrSc with a PhD in reproduction.
- Technical excellence in dairy & beef cattle production systems, nutrition, breeding and animal health.
- Research background with Industry practice experience.
- Collaborative leadership; strong network within the agricultural sector.
- Strong team player with demonstrated ability to deliver.
- Systematic in approach to planning, execution, and evaluation.
- Sound reasoning and lateral thinker who values transparency and openness.
Interested candidates should forward a copy of their cover letter and up-to-date CV in strictest confidence by Friday 24th September 2021 to Denise Murphy, HR Generalist, Ballyvorisheen, Mallow, Co. Cork to [email protected]
Munster Bovine is an equal opportunities employer