Philip Farrelly & Co was established in 1977 and since then has become recognised as a leading private sector based agri-environmental consultancy. The group now encompasses a number of separate businesses including agri-environmental consultancy, accountancy and financial services.
We have an immediate opportunity for an experienced Senior Agricultural Consultant to join our team to support the delivery of projects across the country. We have a long-term pipeline of projects across the infrastructure planning and agri-environmental sphere. If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career where you will have the opportunity to apply your knowledge, experience and problem-solving skills to a wide range of projects, then we welcome your application.
The position will offer the successful candidate the opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects including EIAR projects in wind energy, water, drainage, road other large infrastructure sectors from an agronomy aspect. It is essential that prospective candidates have relevant and recent experience.
We require a candidate with a strong understanding of Irish agriculture along with a third level qualification in one or a combination of the following areas: Agricultural/Environmental Science, Ecology, Soil Science or Freshwater Ecology/Hydrology.
A Masters or higher degree or demonstration of relevant post graduate training in one of these areas will have an advantage. Candidates are expected to be self-motivated and have ambition to develop a career in consultancy.
- Excellent technical skills and ability to work as a technical authority across both agriculture and ecology related disciplines;
- Consultancy experience;
- Experience leading a team;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Ability to demonstrate Microsoft Excel and database management skills.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Work as part of the agri-ecology team to deliver project requirements;
- Manage medium to large scale projects from inception to completion;
- Have an in-depth knowledge of a broad range of environmental issues, fundamental to the preparation of high-quality environmental impact assessments.
- Undertake background research, desk studies, fieldwork and impact assessment reporting, design best-practice guidelines and methodologies;
- Efficiently manage interactions with project team members and sub-consultants;
- Liaise with client representatives to progress projects effectively;
- Deliver quality project outputs within set deadlines;
- Creative and strategic planning to avail of upcoming opportunities.
Other desirables associated with the role are:
- Experience of engaging and liaising with landowners to secure land agreements for development projects;
- Experience in agricultural land valuations and progressing negotiations with landowners from initial introductions through to the signing of legal agreements;
- An understanding of the planning and development process for large development projects;
- Knowledge of renewable energy projects;
- An understanding of property registration and various forms of legal agreements used to secure lands access and development rights.
We offer a competitive salary with the opportunity to gain invaluable and diverse experience within a highly motivated team.
The candidate will be based primarily in our headquarters in Balbriggan, North County Dublin. The successful candidate will be required to assist a number of ongoing projects nationwide.