This new senior role within the Ai Services Group involves the provision of scientific leadership and advice in all aspects of ruminant livestock production across the Group, focusing on the role of genetics and advanced breeding programmes in improving the profitability and environmental sustainability of livestock systems throughout Ireland.
- Assess all current technologies and developments in livestock genetics and identify strategies and opportunities for application within the AiS Group;
- Present to the AiS Group strategies in the application of science and technology to deliver innovative breeding solutions and support to existing initiatives, including the Eurogene Young Bull Breeding Programme;
- Develop effective engagement with local and international genetic improvement programmes including the proposed Ruminant Livestock Genetics Programme, ICBF and AHDB;
- Explore opportunities for the AiS Group to participate and partner with initiatives in the promotion of sustainable livestock production;
- Develop AiS capability in the delivery of training programs and support services for the Northern Ireland Rural Development Programme.
Skills and Education – Essential
- Degree in Agriculture, Agricultural Science, or a closely related Biological Science;
- In-depth knowledge of livestock farming systems in the UK and Ireland;
- Minimum of three years’ experience working at a senior level in livestock genetics or livestock production;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Proficient in the use of IT systems and data analysis.
Skills and Education – Desirable
- Post graduate achievement – eg. PhD in a relevant discipline
- Experience of working in a commercial environment
- An attractive remuneration package will be commensurate with the skills and experience offered by the successful candidate (Salary scale £50-£75K)
How to Apply
Please forward an application letter / supporting material, together with an up to date CV to [email protected]
CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS: Friday, 14 April 2023