Munster Bovine is Ireland’s market leader in cattle breeding and herd management services. We offer a complete and integrated range of cattle breeding, milk recording, fertility and performance enhancing services for herd owners. Our aim is to be the trusted partner in genetics and decision support, adding measurable value for herd owners.
We are currently recruiting for a Junior Health and Safety Officer to join our expanding team in Mallow, Co. Cork.
This role ensures that practices and procedures within the workplace coincide with safety legislation and that standards are upheld and maintained.
What are the responsibilities of the role?
- Create a positive approach to accident prevention and protection of the environment and initiate and maintain positive measures to raise safety, health and environmental standards and awareness.
- Assist with Inspections ensuring compliance with legislation and ensuring the highest standards of safety, health and environmental protection, which is reasonably practicable to attain, are being achieved.
- In conjunction with the management team, investigate the causes of incidents, accidents and dangerous occurrences and collate and record this information.
- Assist management teams to prepare and review risk assessments for work activities and develop measures to reduce and control.
- Regularly review and update Company Risk Assessments, Safe Operating Procedures and Safety Statement.
- Keep up to date with all current legislation, codes of practice, standards and guidance affecting safety, health and the environment and ensuring all policies and procedures are updated accordingly.
- Support the Company’s managers and employees at all levels, in their efforts to improve the safety, health and environmental performance and set a good personal example.
- Review Contractor Safety Statements and Safety Compliance.
- Be the point of contact for emergency situations, also including facilities management (CCTV, Security company)
- Lead the Health & Safety Committee
- Some travel will be required within Munster/ Galway
Experience, education, skills required:
- Degree qualification or its equivalent in Health & Safety
- Additional NEBOSH certification – preferred
- 1 years’ experience in a Health & Safety role (not essential)
- Manual Handling Instructor qualification desirable (training can be provided)
- Full Driving license
- Farming background desirable
- VDU Assessor Qualification desirable
- Strong time management skills.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to use time productively, maximize efficiency and meet challenging work goals
- Must have fluent English and be eligible to work in Ireland.
- Farming or agriculture background is desirable
Interested candidates should forward a copy of their cover letter and up-to-date CV in strictest confidence by Friday 24th September 2021 to Denise Murphy, HR Generalist, Ballyvorisheen, Mallow, Co. Cork to [email protected]
Munster Bovine is an equal opportunities employer