A farmer, also running a company which is focused on agricultural and buildings seeks a herdsman at his farm in Southern Iceland.
Here is some general info about the farm:
- New barn started 2019
- 240 dairy cows
- 4 Merlin 2 robots
- Trioliet automatic feeding system.
- Icelandic breed of cows
- Average yield about 8.000 liters top 20 yield of all herds in Iceland
- Mowing about 200 hectares and renewing/ploughing 60-70 hectares every year
- We cut 2 or 3 times a year depends on how good the summer is.
- We grow about 40-50 hectares of barley.
- We have 3 silage pits and harvest in two of them every year.
- We have the Dutch „Easy Silage“ equipment to close and open the pits and we make about 1.500 round bales every year.
- We also have about 10 beef cows and about 30 horses and 50 sheep.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Experience with cows needed
- Minimum employment time 1 year
- Warm lunch 5 days a week
- Accommodation in camp on the farm
- Wages according to Icelandic wage agreements
- Could be possible for experienced couples