Wilson’s Country Ltd are seeking to recruit a FULL-TIME BUYER
Based in Craigavon, Co. Armagh, Wilson’s Country Ltd specialises in pre-packed, peeled and prepared potatoes. We supply food retailers, caterers and food processing companies with a range of products, offering quality, taste, full traceability and value for money.
Reporting to the Procurement Manager, the successful candidate will assist with the effective management of potato procurement and supply. Key accountabilities will include:
- Procurement planning and forecasting;
- Profitably sourcing and procuring potatoes in line with volume, specification and budget requirements;
- Transport planning and management (goods inward);
- Store management;
- Stock replenishment, rotation and residency;
- Supplier management including price negotiations and agreeing payment;
- Developing and maintaining effective business relationships with producers, suppliers and growers;
- Maintaining good supplier/market awareness, including data analysis;
- Accurate and timely completion of purchase orders.
We are looking for someone who has:
- A third level qualification such as HND or degree;
- Experience in a buying/commercial role, preferably within the agri food industry but not essential;
- Motivation to be a team player with good negotiation skills;
- The ability to work efficiently, effectively, accurately and on own initiative in a fast paced working environment;
- A professional manner with excellent interpersonal, influencing and communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels;
- The motivation to complete tasks to a high standard;
- Strong leadership and team working skills;
- A pro-active, practical approach to problem solving and decision making;
- Excellent project management and time management skills;
- Excellent I.T. skills – MS Office with strong competence in Excel;
- Strong numeracy, literacy and analytical skills together with an excellent attention to detail;
- Willingness to travel (G.B. /R.O.I.) from time to time.
If you wish to apply please email your C.V. to email@example.com
Applications must be received on / before Friday 21st February 2020.
Please note that taking part in our recruitment process will involve our processing of your personal data and any personal data you share with us, in accordance with Data Protection Regulations.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer