Agriland is Ireland’s biggest news portal for the agricultural sector in Ireland.
Along with the our main news sites in Ireland and the UK we have various other agri-focued web products in the industry.
The company is expanding and as part of that expansion we are looking to recruit a team member who is passionate about UI and UX.
We are looking for a detail-oriented front end web designer with at least 3 years of experience in creating beautiful, responsive websites to join our Dublin-based development team.
You will be responsible for designing and enhancing the look and feel of our existing mobile websites, mobile applications and internal systems by designing great looking and effective proposals in either Photoshop or Illustrator. Once the design proposals have been signed off, you will be responsible for converting these to HTML and CSS, which will need to be responsive and adhere to best practice.
There will also be exciting opportunities in designing and developing mail campaign templates and other marketing material for the web.
Confident in your abilities, you will be capable of working under your own initiative and are skilled with the tools needed to create exceptional user experiences. You will have a passion for improving user experience and an interest in measuring the impact of UI changes implemented.
We are a very approachable and open team and are constantly looking for people that complement our existing skillset, who like to keep up with technology and are not afraid to share their ideas.
Please include samples of sites you have designed along with your application as this is the main criteria by which we will be choosing candidates for interview.
Required skills and education
· Proficient in Photoshop and/or Illustrator
· Solid understanding of usability and visual design principles
· Experience designing for mobile and touch devices
· Responsive web design
· Comfortable working at all stages of the design process from wireframe to production
· Experience designing websites, email templates, newsletters, online advertising campaigns, etc.
· Team player with excellent communication skills
· Knowledge of JQuery
· Front end frameworks such as Bootstrap,Foundation or other similar frameworks
· WordPress Theme Creation
· Google Analytics
· Website performance
The company is open to candidates looking for a full time role and contract applications.
The minimum contract would be 6 months.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Permanent
- Front End Development: 3 years (Preferred)