With over 50 years’ experience in sourcing raw materials from the top suppliers all over the world, Grassland Agro then produces and distributes a comprehensive range of quality conventional fertilisers from our 3 factories strategically positioned around Ireland in Cork, Limerick and Slane.
Grassland Agro also sell the most comprehensive range of speciality fertilizer and soil conditioning products. In addition Grassland Agro sells a full range of animal mineral blocks as well as biostimulants. www.grasslandagro.ie
We are now seeking to employ a Factory Manager to be based in our Slane Factory.
- Full responsibility for the management & control of the Manufacturing Process of the complete range of products at Grassland Agro production site at Slane.
- Key lateral relationships are with the General Manager of Operations, the Managing Director, Regional Commodity Sales Managers , Regional Speciality Sales Managers and the on-site & Head Office admin/service functions
List of Duties
- Supervision & Management of all production and administration personnel including all Contractors operating on the site.
- A focus on providing an excellent customer service both for customers on site and through all avenues of communication with customers.
- Planning & Implementation of production with reference to relevant sales & stocks budgets, to include least cost formulations for all products / prescription blends as requested by customers or consultants.
- Implementation & Monitoring of relevant KPI’s by providing reports and feedback to the General Manager of Operations & other relevant personnel. Reporting to include feedback on Quality issues, customer service, Health & Safety audits, Seveso inspections, training programmes & any environmental issues that may arise.
- Implement & Maintain relevant production maintenance programme to improve plant and cost efficiency, to include day to day operations and also annual shutdown maintenance planning. Any maintenance programme to include Health & Safety audit improvement recommendations.
- Stocktaking & Quality Control- Supervision of the accurate production process of finished products through the usage of raw materials & packaging. Maintain accuracy of the inventory by doing monthly and routine stock checks.
- Preparation of annual factory and capital budgets in line with overall Company strategy.
- Liaise with any external personnel including customers & external bodies for example in relation to Health & Safety, Environmental factors, Insurance inspections etc.
- Ensure site compliance with all regulations as laid down by such statutory bodies.
- Be available to attend training courses with a view to continuous improvement.
- Third Level or equivalent agricultural qualification is desirable.
- 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing/blending environment & at least 2-3 year’s experience in a management type role.
- Experience in managing plant preventative maintenance programmes and Health & Safety procedures.
- Excellent planning & organisational ability.
- Personal skills communication presenting reporting skills.
To apply confidentially please send your CV & Cover Letter to [email protected] Closing Date for applications is Friday 8th October 2021