An exceptional career opportunity with the Holstein Friesian herdbook to drive and support breed development in the new era of Ag Climatise.
The Irish Holstein Friesian Association (IHFA) is licensed by the Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine to manage the Holstein Friesian herdbook. It is responsible for the validity and upkeep of the herdbook of Holstein Friesian cattle in Ireland and the issuing of pedigree registration certificates.
IHFA wish to recruit a Data Analyst to add value to the business by extracting and analysing data that can inform decisions and re-evaluate herd performance reporting and presentation.
- Reporting to the Chief Executive and working in collaboration with the existing team to promote the breed
- Engaging with research bodies and government agencies
- Handling large data files
- Providing expert support to the Board of the Association and assisting our breeder membership
- Advanced Excel, SQL and statistical programming
- A post-graduate qualification in Data Analytics or related area desirable
- A good knowledge of the Agri sector, especially modern dairy farming systems and practices
- An analytical mindset with innovative and problem-solving skills
- Strong communications and presentation skills
This is a full time position based at our head office in Clonakilty, Co. Cork.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Please forward CV and a cover letter to [email protected] by Friday 25th June.