Munster Bovine are currently recruiting for a Dairy and Beef Programme Manager. This role will report to the CEO and be part of the Senior Leadership team. The Dairy and Beef Programme Manager will undertake quantitative genetics, mathematical statistics, and genotyping competencies to aid in procurement decisions and will ensure that a comprehensive scientific and analytical approach is adopted to meet breeding requirements expected for the future.
- Develop pipelines to aid in the identification of genetically elite candidates for breeding/mating programs whilst maintaining genetic diversity.
- Clean, collate, analyse, and interpret data from various sources to support business development.
- Develop statistical models that assist in the identification of superior animals.
- Utilise, analyse, and monitor phenotypic, best linear unbiased predictions (BLUP) and best linear unbiased estimates (BLUE) generated from national genetic evaluations and/or national breeding indexes.
- Identify areas for continuous improvement.
- Demonstrate scientific expertise and provide problem solving capabilities.
- Remain up to date with on-going research developments.
- Collaborate within and across scientific and non-scientific cross-functional teams.
- Lead Munster Bovines Dairy and Beef Vision and Strategy
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- PhD in Quantitative Genetics (specialising in Dairy and Beef genetics and genomics preferable), Animal Breeding or related field. (Essential) Post-doctoral research experience is desirable.
- A driven individual who enjoys new challenges and who has a minimum of four years of experience developing genetic based decision-support tools pertaining to both dairy and beef cattle.
- Proven experience in interpreting and handling large animal and herd-level data.
- Practical data science experience with Python, R and SAS or similar coding languages/software is desirable
- Demonstrated research and technical expertise in data analytics and statistical analysis as well as cattle genetics and genomics.
- Strong communication skills (written, oral and presentation).
- Proven ability and aptitude for problem solving is essential
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Completed project management course (Desirable)
Interested candidates should forward a copy of their cover letter and up-to-date CV in strictest confidence to Denise Murphy, HR Generalist, Ballyvorisheen, Mallow, Co. Cork to [email protected]
Munster Bovine is an equal opportunities employer