Galway Bay Golf Resort in Rinville, Oranmore, Co. Galway and a long established construction firm, Greenway Properties are seeking to attract an experienced and qualified Plant Fitter/Mechanic.
The Plant Fitter/Mechanic will repair and maintain a range of construction plant and Golf Resort equipment. Minimum experience after qualification is one year. This role reports to the Equipment Manager in the Mechanic Department.
Key Deliverable & Responsibility
- This role involves carrying out effective services, inspection, maintenance, and repair work on equipment at any of our locations.
- Fault finding and repair of petrol/diesel engine construction equipment.
- The ability to identify parts needed for repair and maintenance of equipment and liaise with the appropriate suppliers for ordering.
- Diagnose specific fault issues and action appropriately.
- Support the roles of others ensuring administration, paperwork and timesheets are completed effectively and on time as and when required.
- Responsible for adherence to the Company Health & Safety policy.
- Competence in the use of schematic drawings and identifying electronic faults in equipment.
- Maintain an effective and detailed record of works on plant and equipment.
Repair and Maintenance of:
- Tracked Vehicles
- Small two-Stroke Engines
- Mobile hydraulic Systems
- Single Cylinder diesel engines
- Mobile air compressors
- Torque- Converters
- Power-Shift transmissions
- Golf Course Equipment and Plant
- Mobile Air Conditioning (Mac) Systems (Discuss and demonstrate best practice for handling of F gases storage cylinders, the safe recovery and disposal of F gas. Perform full servicing of an air conditioning system of an automotive vehicle to include leak detection, recovery, vacuum, and refill. (Regulation No. 842/2006 of the European Parliament and the council of 17 of May 2006 in relation to the air conditioning systems of automotive vehicles (MACs)
Servicing, repair, and overhaul of:
- Electrical Systems, Brake systems
- Suspension Systems
- Diesel Fuel Systems
- Petrol Fuel System
- Safety Procedures
- Must be a Qualified Construction Plant Fitter
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience working as a Plant fitter or mechanic.
- Interpretation And application of data
- Computers Skills
- Report writing
- Team Player
- Fluency in English, both spoken and written. Good Communication Skills
- Full, clean driving licence (Essential)
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Proven ability to work without supervision, using your own initiative, or within a team.
- Personal protective equipment provided.
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitisation, disinfection, or cleaning procedures in place