AgriLand, Ireland’s largest agricultural news publisher, are looking to hire a Commercial Manager.
You will be a valued member of our Senior Management team, reporting to the Managing Director. You will be our senior Sales Executive and will make a significant contribution to directing and defining our online presence.
Prior sales experience is essential and a good understanding of online / digital media / and the agricultural sector is desirable. You will consistently meet and exceed targets as the business expands and grows rapidly.
This is an exciting role for seasoned, self-motivated and ambitious sales professional with the opportunity to have a major impact in creating and leading the commercial department in a new digital media company.
Your day to day duties will include:
- Build and manage a commercial team across all Agriland verticals including Agriland, Agrirecruit and AgriRetailer and Haystack
- Sourcing and management of potential sales leads
- Proactively hunting, finding, negotiating and closing deals, both face to face and over the phone
- Assessing and negotiating advertising campaigns and budgets and sponsorship opportunities with advertising agencies, business principles / managers in their local environment
- On-going customer account management
- Daily, weekly and monthly reporting of prospects, calls, future pipeline and daily / weekly closes Achieve and over exceed daily, monthly, quarterly and annual sales goals
- Excellent negotiator and communicator
- Previous experience, preferably online advertising, direct marketing, local advertising, or any agricultural, advertising or digital media background.
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to sell at all decision-making levels
- Minimum 5 years business development / sales background.
- Experience in direct sales, canvassing and cold calling
- Flexible, and able to quickly adapt to new situations
- Network of contacts in the agricultural sector is a definite bonus
- Bachelor’s degree desirable
- Good knowledge/experience of the internet as a commercial tool and interest in social media
- Ability to work with minimal supervision while maintaining focus and productivity to meet deadlines
- Passion, drive, honesty, positive attitude and consultative approach and self-motivation are all essential personal attributes
- Proficiency in MS Office tools and all things Internet
- Interest in / knowledge of the agricultural sector in Ireland is desirable.
- Own car plus a full clean driving licence
If this sounds like a challenge you’re interested in and capable of rising to, we want to hear from you.
Please forward a detailed C.V and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
AgriLand.ie is the largest agricultural news publisher in Ireland.
Established in 2013, AgriLand.ie has revolutionised how farmers and agricultural professionals keep up-to-date with what’s happening within the sector – both at a domestic and international level. In a short period of time, we have become the number one independent resource for the latest news and views on all thing’s agriculture.