Discover a new field of work at the FTMTA.
Founded in 1913, the Farm Tractor and Machinery Trade Association (FTMTA) is the national trade body of the Irish Farm Machinery Industry. The goal of the association is to promote the highest standards of professionalism in the farm machinery industry. A representative body for the farm machinery trade, the FTMTA negotiates and consults with government and other agricultural bodies for the best interests of the sector.
We are currently recruiting for a Commercial Manager.
Working from our headquarters in Naas, Co. Kildare, and reporting directly to the Board of Directors, you will be responsible for the daily management and development of the association.
- Working closely with the President and the Management Team, the Commercial Manager will manage and enhance the overall business functions of the association.
- Providing strong and tailored management information and value added analysis to support effective decisions by the Management Team and the Board.
- Working alongside and closely with the various sub committees, you will plan, organise and execute specialist company shows and associated events.
- With an in-depth understanding of finances you will be responsible for the financial planning and budgeting of the associations finances, and presenting to the Board of Directors.
- Ensure the association is represented with the highest level of professionalism by providing accurate information and advice to our member firms to support them in their businesses. You will liaise with the various government departments to influence legislation and support packages relevant to our industry and communicate such updates to our members.
- You will also be responsible for the maintenance of our website, print media and management of the association’s communications to its members. Use of social media to promote the FMTA and our activities is must in this role.
- Extensive knowledge and awareness of the agricultural sector with a strongbackground in business and awareness of agricultural machinery industry.
- A strong team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong commercial awareness with a good understanding of finance and budgeting.
- Driven and enthusiastic with the ability to work independently and under the guidance of the association’s directors.
- At least 3 years working in a similar role.
- Full clean driving licence.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
This is a great opportunity to join our dynamic team as its Commercial Manager. To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is Friday 16th April 2021.
The FTMTA is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.