Certification Officer Organic Trust CLG
Organic Trust CLG is Ireland’s premier organic inspection and certification organisation
Established in 1992, Organic Trust is a government licensed NGO, operating on a not-for-profit basis and registered/ approved by the Department of Agriculture, Food & The Marine Ireland, DEFRA (UK) and the EU for the purpose of the inspection and certification of organic food and related products. Organic Trust CLG is an ISO 17065 accredited organisation with a proven record in the excellence of its organic certification activities.
The organisation inspects and certifies the full remit of organic production including Farming, Growing/Horticulture, Aquaculture; Large and Artisan Organic Food Processors, Retailers, Importers & Distributors.
The Organic Trust symbol is a nationally and internationally respected quality mark for organic food products. It offers the consumer an assurance of the integrity of organically produced produce and safeguards the interests of organic producers
Position & Key Responsibilities
The company wish to recruit a Certification Officer reporting directly to the CEO/Certification Manager
Working with the Inspection & Certification team and in tandem with other Certification Officers, the Certification Officer will (not exhaustive):
- Manage the Organic Inspection and Certification Process from A to Z.
- Administer their respective membership files on a day-to-day basis, manage communication, prepare detail for Certification Panel (CP) meetings, and follow up on all compliance issues.
- Coordinate, observe and if appropriate facilitate CP meetings.
- Coordinate Inspector meetings and the agenda for same in conjunction with the CEO and Quality Manager.
- Prepare for and be a part of all internal and external audits.
- Carry out all reporting requirements of external bodies/ parties.
- Processing of new member applications and the lapsing of others.
- Administer the annual return process and management of member renewals.
- Allocations of Inspections and Sampling in accordance with the requirements of INAB, DAFM and the EU Regulations
- Be a point of contact for the membership–c. 500 members per certification officer.
- Provide communication updates to members at various stages throughout the application, inspection, and certification cycle
- Provide the highest level of customer support for all email and phone queries received.
- Any other duties including project participation that may arise as assigned by the CEO/Certification Manager
This role will require the following skills/experience:
- A strong attention to detail and a keenness to bring situations to a conclusion.
- Ability to make fact-based decisions.
- Have a high level of IT proficiency to include the Microsoft Office Suite; the ability to work with the company’s integrated database
- Excellent communication skills and customer service skills.
- Prior experience working with standards and/or government bodies an advantage.
- Knowledge of or experience within certification is preferred.
- Qualification in agriculture and experience in the organic sector preferred.
A rewarding career within the sector is available to the right individual.
Location & Application
This is a full-time permanent position (Monday to Friday); the successful applicant will work from the Company’s Head offices in Naas, Co Kildare
Please forward curriculum vitae to [email protected]