Progressive Genetics is a market leader in cattle breeding and milk recording in Ireland. We deliver our services to the farmer community across 20 counties and are committed to adding value to our farmer’s enterprises.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right person in an organisation and industry which is experiencing rapid growth and looking forward to a bright future. The position is based at the Progressive Genetics Head Office at Rathcore Enfield Co Meath.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
Working with farmers and staff members to generate the next generation of elite dairy bulls for the NCBC Dairy Breeding Program and ensuring all aspects of this function are planned, monitored and communicated to all those involved.
The successful candidate should have broad farming experience and a massive interest in all aspects of cattle breeding. A knowledge of cattle breeding theory is a distinct advantage.
An enthusiasm for the industry and a commitment to working as part of a dynamic team is vital for this broad based role.
- Strong work ethic
- Be self-motivated
- Be a team player
- Have a good telephone manner
- Excellent communication skills
- A love for cattle breeding and farming in general
- The ability to develop a strong network in the company and the industry
- Attention to detail and organisational ability
- Good IT skills
Applicants for the position should have:
- A desire to perform and contribute to the overall company performance
- Agricultural background
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture or equivalent
- 3 years industry experience
Replies to: Laurence Feeney, Progressive Genetics, Rathcore,Enfield, Co Meath A83KP98
Email: [email protected]
Closing date for applications: Friday 15th of October, 2021