Philip Farrelly & Company
Since our formation in 1977, our company’s core competency has been to deliver exceptional client services, analytical thinking, and excel in our ability to adapt to the needs of the agricultural and rural community nationwide.
We provide expert advice to both agricultural and non- agricultural businesses.
Job Description – Agricultural Consultant at Philip Farrelly & Co
Philip Farrelly & Co. is a leading private sector agri-environmental consultancy. We provide high quality agricultural and environmental consultancy services to public and private sector bodies, landowners, and legal firms.
We now have a vacancy for a junior Agricultural Consultant position in the eastern region.
Reports to: Senior Agricultural Consultant/Agronomist
The role will involve working as part of our Agronomy team across various projects, providing advice and recommendations on land use and agricultural land management.
The successful candidate will be involved in multiple projects providing support to our Agronomy Team.
Requirements of the successful candidate:
- Ag.Sc Agricultural Science, related discipline or equivalent;
- Full clean driving license;
- Own reliable transport;
- Handsfree system in the car;
- Comprehensive knowledge of policies that govern the Agricultural Sector;
- Excellent understanding of all Farming Systems;
- Excellent communication skills; and
- Be self-motivating.
Abilities of the successful candidate:
- Excellent written and communication skills;
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Proficient across all social media platforms;
- Creative thinking & planning;
- Organized and good timekeeping; and
- Conversant and polite.
Duties of the successful candidate are listed below:
- Support Senior Agronomy Team in all sectors of the business;
- Contribute to management and implementation of the aims and objectives of our business;
- Completing farm and onsite visits across Ireland;
- Capture and record information;
- Report writing;
- Facilitation of group discussions;
- Research and pen articles for publication;
- Build relations with key stakeholders; and
- Administrative tasks.
- Proficient with AutoCAD & GIS
The role will suit a graduate looking to build experience as an Agricultural Consultant and gain exposure within the Agri-sector.
We provide agricultural consultancy services to Government & Non-government organizations, local Authorities, and Private companies.
Competitive remuneration reflecting a specific level of experience will apply.
Interested candidates should apply by email with their Curriculum Vitae and a cover letter attached to:
Aoife Smith email@example.com