Job Description- Agricultural Consultant at Philip Farrelly & Co
Philip Farrelly & Co. is a leading private sector agri-environmental consultancy. We provide a high quality agricultural and environmental consultancy services to public and private sector bodies, landowners, and legal firms.
We now have a vacancy for a graduate in agricultural science in the eastern region.
Reports to: Agronomy Manager
Job Summary: The role will involve working with and providing support to our Agronomy team. The role will involve completing farm visits and conducting impact assessment of infrastructure developments such as water pipelines, road and rail projects.
The role will also involve conducting research in relation to the preparation of environmental and legal reports. The Agricultural Consultant will be responsible for scheduling and completing farm visits and for ensuring projects are delivered on-time and in an efficient manner.
Responsibilities will include:
- Completing farm visits and conducting impact assessments of infrastructural developments such as water pipelines, and road projects.
- Undertaking administrative duties, updating information, and preparing reports.
- Keeping up to date with relevant developments.
- Assist in all other agricultural consultancy activities of the business.
- Contribute to the implementation and management of the specific objectives and strategy of the business.
- Ensuring that records are kept up to date
- Interact with all external customers in a professional manner.
- Ensure the Agronomy Manager is kept up-to-date in respect of the works and other pertinent issues.
- A degree in Agricultural Science Level 8
- A strong and wide knowledge of the Agricultural sector
- Good communication skills with the ability to interface internally, with the public, clients, and regulatory authorities
- Be able to represent the company in a professional manner
- Be self-motivated and target driven
- Have a full clean driving license with own transport
Computer / Technical Skills:
Must be competent in use of MS Office, particularly MS Excel and Word, and ideally proficient in the use of Autocad and GIS.
Very competitive remuneration reflecting specific experience level will apply. Interested candidates should apply with their Curriculum Vitae and a cover letter to: Freda Salley, Philip Farrelly & Co, Unit 5a Fingal Bay Business Park, Balbriggan. Co. Dublin or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org