The role involves providing support the Farm Advisors, some of the core tasks may involve the following:
- Collecting data and conduct analysis as may be tasked by Farm Advisor
- Administration of Department of Agriculture or EU schemes for example:
- GLAS Schemes
- Basic Farm Payment Knowledge Transfer
- Cross Compliance
- Conduct background research to assist the preparation of presentations.
- Preparation of reports.
- Ensuring that client records are maintained up to date.
- Oversee business planning, planning applications. government grant applications, legislative advice and new business ventures.
- Communicate effectively, both in writing and orally, with Farm Advisors, and colleagues.
- Assist with marketing promotion of consultancy services to new customers, while maintaining existing client relationships.
- Maintaining awareness of developments in your area of specialisation, as well as the wider agricultural sector.
- Provide personal plan to maintain Accreditation
- Carry out administrative duties, Account administration, update information and prepare reports.
- Interact with all external and internal customers in a professional manner.
- Complete all assigned tasks in a timely manner.
- Comply with all organisational policies and procedures.
- Carry out any other assigned task that is reasonable and within your capabilities.
- Applicant must have a minimum Level 8 qualification in B.Ag.Sc or equivalent
- Applicants should if possible be FAS approved by the Department of Agriculture
- Ideally have two years’ experience administering Farm schemes such as BPS GLAS and Knowledge Transfer
- Applicants should have own transport and a full driving licence.
You would be expected to be;
- Friendly and good dealing with people.
- Customer focused.
- Able to work on own initiative.
- Capable of making good presentations and to provide training to small groups.
- Dealing with own set of clients.
- An influencer in farming matters.
- Up to date on trends and changes in farming matters.
- Competent with large projects within tight deadlines.
Negotiable depending on experience
May be potential for gain sharing or profit sharing
Please forward CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before 5pm on 28th February.