Tirlán, formerly known as Glanbia Ireland, is a world-class food and nutrition co-operative, with a diverse portfolio of quality ingredients, leading consumer and agri brands.
A talented team of over 2,100 people manage Tirlán’s network of 11 production facilities and 52 agri retail outlets serving its communities with annual revenues of over €3 billion expected in 2022. Tirlán’s state-of-the-art headquarters in Kilkenny city and innovation centre in Ballyragget promote innovation, creativity and collaboration. Tirlán is committed to sustainability throughout the organisation through its comprehensive Living Proof programme, and the Science-Based Targets initiative (SBTi) contained within it. For more information visit www.tirlan.com
Based in Castlelyons, Co Cork this role will report to the Branch Manager. Tirlan Castlelyons is currently developing an Agri ‘Centre of Excellence’ which will broaden the farm & building hardware and machinery offering available to our customers. This role will be responsible for the sales growth of our expanded Agri offering.
- Be customer focused by providing top quality, fast and efficient service at all times
- Full responsibility for achieving the annual sales targets for the Agri hardware category in branch.
- Build trusting relationships with our customers and provide excellent service and advice
- Liaise with both internal procurement and our suppliers to develop and expand stock range while maintaining current product lines.
- Manage and take ownership of stock control in the Centre of Excellence.
- Be responsible for the visual merchandising and displays of stock.
- Work alongside the purchasing and branch teams to grow business.
- Be willing to call customers on promotions and quotations of capital investments on farms.
- Follow up on Local Planning applications
- Be innovative and creative in order to develop and grow the ‘Centre of Excellence’
- Keen interest and understanding of our Agri product ranges and services
- Experience in a sales environment
- Have strong attention to detail
- Have a thorough understanding of grants and TAMS available to customers
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in an Agribusiness
- Experience in carrying out quotations
- Excellent IT skills
- A friendly outgoing personality, excellent customer service skills and ambition to deliver beyond customers’ expectation
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent teamwork skills as well ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to multitask and to consistently deliver high standard quality work in a busy environment
We are looking for a passionate, reliable and committed individual who is willing to work and wants to build a career in the Agricultural industry. A person with an agricultural or farming background is desirable. If this sounds like you, please apply through the My Career portal on the Glanbia Homepage with an up-to-date resume www.glanbia.com/careers
Join our Talent Pool
Considering a new career in Tirlán but this isn’t the role for you?! Then why not register your experience & sign up for career opportunities at www.tirlan.com/careers.
Commitment to Diversity & InclusionTirlán embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams where different perspectives drive innovation and growth. We strive to create an inclusive workplace where people can bring their true self to work and achieve their full potential.
At Tirlán, we celebrate diversity, because we know that our individual strengths make us stronger together. We welcome and encourage interest from a wide variety of candidates, and we will give your application consideration, without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, or disability status.
At Tirlán our culture will celebrate individuality, knowing that together we are more.
Tirlán owns leading consumer and agri brands such as Avonmore, Kilmeaden Cheese, Millac, Solmiko, Truly Grass Fed, Premier Milk, Wexford, mymilkman.ie and GAIN Animal Nutrition.