Drummonds is an established and progressive feed, seeds & grain merchant headquartered in Clonee, Co. Meath. The origin of the business dates back to 1760. We aim to offer our customers first-class support & service and have the passion to ‘go the extra mile’. The Company’s branch network extends across six counties. We offer our employees excellent working conditions and continuous development opportunities within a friendly & supportive culture. We are seeking to recruit an energetic and enthusiastic technical salesperson to promote best farm practice & to market our range of quality feeds and seeds and other agri inputs to livestock farmers within a 60 kms radius of Mullingar. This is a full time permanent role.
Position: Technical Sales Advisor
Location: Drummonds Mullingar Branch
The successful candidate will promote the company’s products and services in a professional manner and deliver a superior standard of customer care. You will report directly to the Area Manager & your responsibilities will include:
– Servicing a ledger of existing valued customers & further developing the business.
– Maintaining & developing strong relationships with our valued beef, dairy and sheep customers & offering them a high level of support & service.
– Providing sound technical advice to customers on our quality range of farm inputs & requisites with the dual objectives of delivering animal performance & generating profitable sales.
– Managing a strong portfolio of products & possess the ability to sell the benefits.
– Good understanding & avid interest in beef, dairy and sheep nutrition & feeding management; general animal husbandry; and in growing grass & other forages.
– Possessing strong problem-solving skills. The ability to resolve animal underperformance issues and problems to our customers satisfaction in a timely & efficient manner.
– Account management.
– The appetite to prospect for new business opportunities.
– Ability to drive and exceed sales targets.
– Analyse/plan and review your on-going performance.
– Working as a key member of our technical sales team to deliver new products, technologies and solutions.
– Self-motivated, energetic & able to work on own initiative.
Candidate Profile & Requirements:
This role requires a strong, flexible and results-driven candidate with good sales ability and a clear customer focus. The ideal candidate will live in the area or be prepared to move there.
– Possess a positive ‘can-do’ attitude.
– A degree in Agricultural Science or related discipline is desirable.
– Good commercial acumen.
– A strong practical understanding & knowledge of dairy, beef & sheep farming.
– Minimum of 3 years sales experience preferably within the agribusiness industry.
– Possess reasonable IT skills.
– Good communication & presentation skills
– verbal, written & interpersonal.
– Enthusiasm, energy, ‘grit’, resilience & the determination to succeed in a challenging market.
– Good people skills.
– Strong sense of personal accountability.
– Highly motivated & organized with good time management skills & the ability to prioritise work under pressure.
– Interested in continuous learning & in furthering your career.
What Drummonds Offer: A competitive salary and benefits package including a company vehicle.
Do you have the passion to work in Drummonds ? Are you a solution seller ? Can you add value to our customers’ business ?If you believe you meet the criteria, please forward your CV and a brief cover letter, in absolute confidence, to email@example.com
Closing Date for Applications: Monday, 21st September 2020.
Drummonds – Fuelling Efficient Farming