AgriLand Media is a diverse group which comprises AgriLand.ie, AgriLand.co.uk, AgriRecruit and Haystack.ie. We are the largest and fastest growing daily digital news publisher in the agricultural sector in Ireland. As the pioneer in this digital space AgriLand has revolutionised how farmers and agricultural professionals keep up to date with what is happening within the agricultural sector both at a domestic and international level.
The opportunity – Business Development Manager
The AgriLand Sales Team is responsible for building and maintaining client relationships, ranging from government bodies and large international concerns to small agricultural enterprises.
Your role will be to identify new potential customers, create prospecting lists and develop your sales via cold calls and warm inbound leads. To excel in this role, you will be highly organised, comfortable on the phone and be an active listener who can develop solutions which can meet the needs of your prospects.
Job Location: Dublin (Blanchardstown)
Hours of Work: 9am – 5.30pm
Reporting to: Head of Commercial
Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Research and identify new business opportunities – including new markets, growth areas and new ways of reaching existing markets.
- Develop a detailed knowledge of our products and services and with same be able to create tailored solutions for our customers.
- Generate leads and call prospective customers.
- Develop and build successful relationships with key decision makers.
- Negotiate pricing and work with your customers to create a long-term partnership approach.
- Hit and exceed monthly sales targets.
- Think strategically – seeing the bigger picture and setting aims and objectives in order to develop and improve the business
- Work strategically – carrying out necessary planning in order to implement operational requirements and develop your client base.
- Have an appetite to learn
- Become an authority in CRM systems (Hubspot experience a bonus).
- Be able to forecast reliably and be willing to complete administrative requirements.
- Work with your prospects to plan campaigns and proactively manage and resolve client issues.
- An understanding of the Agri market and the sales cycle.
- Third level education in a relevant discipline (marketing, business, digital media, agriculture)
- At least 2 years sales experience (preferably online sales)
- Strong sales ability with consistent record of hitting targets
- It literate (MS Office)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- A flexible approach to work with the ability to adapt to a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Initiative and the confidence to start things from scratch
What we Offer
You will have the opportunity to work with Ireland’s fastest growing Agri focussed digital publishing group. You will get the opportunity to make a significant contribution to our future.
- Competitive salary in a dynamic and technology driven environment
- Focused career development and progression opportunities
- Company laptop and mobile phone provided
- Free Parking
How to Apply
Please submit a short cover letter and up to date C.V to email@example.com